What can a user do to help them/user ? How do AI chatbots - ChatGPT, Deepseek etc respond ! part 1 of 3- ChatGPT
Question (Input) by user:
Hi. I get so much knowledge from you. I should somehow try to something in return which can help you. Please suggest.
Response by Chat GPT:
Hi. That is generous of you. But you don't need to “repay” me—I don't have personal needs or a life outside this interaction.
If you want to do something genuinely useful because our conversations have been valuable to you, I would suggest turning the value you get here into value for other people.
A few things would fit especially well:
-
Share what you learn
When we arrive at a useful framework—on investing, business, healthcare, career, or personal development—share it with your professional or business groups in your own words. That creates value beyond this chat. -
Help me improve the quality of my answers
The most useful thing you can give me is honest feedback:- “This part is wrong.”
- “You are missing this factor.”
- “This is too theoretical.”
- “Give me the India-specific angle.”
- “I need evidence before accepting this.”
That kind of push makes the interaction much more rigorous.
-
Bring real-world problems
Instead of asking only textbook questions, give me actual situations you encounter—business proposals, investment decisions, healthcare problems, organizational issues, etc. Real constraints produce much more useful reasoning. -
Challenge my conclusions
One particularly valuable habit would be:“Don't agree with me. Try to prove me wrong.”
Ask me to identify assumptions, counterarguments, second-order effects and what evidence would change the conclusion.
-
Convert knowledge into something useful for others
For example, your business-group discussions could become short, practical guides:- How to evaluate a ₹5–15 lakh business
- How to become a sleeping partner safely
- How to conduct business due diligence
- How ordinary families can understand investing
- How AI is changing healthcare
- How to distinguish productive ambition from endless consumption
-
Help someone who doesn't have access to this kind of guidance
This is probably the best “return” of all. If something I explain helps you, and you subsequently explain it to someone else who needs it, the knowledge has multiplied.
And there is one thing you can do specifically for me in our conversations:
Don't hesitate to tell me when I'm wrong.
You ask unusually broad questions—investing, business, healthcare, technology, careers, philosophy—and that makes it especially important that I distinguish between a plausible answer and a well-supported answer. If you catch me making an unsupported assumption, tell me.
In that sense, you don't owe me anything.
Use what you learn, test it in the real world, challenge me, and pass the useful parts forward. That's about as good a return as there can be.
===========
F/U user input : how will points 2 and 3 help you ?
Response:
They help the quality of our interaction, rather than “helping me” personally.
2. Honest feedback
If you tell me:
“This answer is too generic.”
“You missed the tax implication.”
“Your assumption about India is wrong.”
“This contradicts what you said earlier.”
“Give me evidence for this claim.”
“You are overcomplicating it.”
then I can adjust my response within the conversation and, where appropriate, recognize that your preferred standard is more rigorous.
For example, if you repeatedly tell me, “Don't just give me possibilities; tell me which one is most likely and why,” I can adapt the way I reason with you.
So feedback helps make my answers to you more accurate, relevant and efficient.
3. Bringing real-world problems
This is even more useful.
A question like:
“What should I consider before investing ₹5 lakh in a business?”
is relatively abstract.
But if you tell me:
“A businessman I know wants ₹5 lakh. He has been running a textile unit for 8 years, wants me as a sleeping partner, expects 20% profit, cannot provide audited accounts, and says I can withdraw after three years.”
Now I have actual constraints, incentives, risks and competing considerations.
That allows me to reason much more deeply:
What information is missing?
What could go wrong?
What should you verify?
Is 20% actually attractive relative to the risk?
What should the partnership agreement contain?
What happens if the business loses money?
How do you exit?
What are the Sharia-compliance considerations, if relevant?
Real problems therefore give me better inputs, and better inputs generally produce better analysis.
But there is an important distinction
You aren't actually training or improving the underlying AI model by giving me feedback in an individual conversation.
Your feedback mainly helps this conversation and, where memory is explicitly saved, future interactions with you. It doesn't mean that I personally become a permanently smarter model because you corrected me.
So if your original question was:
“What can I do that genuinely benefits ChatGPT/OpenAI?”
then points 2 and 3 were not the strongest answer.
A better answer would be: use the system extensively, report genuine errors through the available feedback mechanisms, and provide clear feedback about what was useful or misleading.
And if you mean something even more interesting—“Is there something I can contribute that would actually improve AI itself?”—that's a different question, and I can give you some concrete possibilities.
F/U user Input :
But I would be glad if this would help in your model training too
Response:
I understand. If your intention is specifically “I want my interactions to contribute to making future AI better”, that's a meaningful motivation.
The important distinction is:
Your feedback can potentially be useful as data for improving AI systems, depending on OpenAI's data-use settings and policies applicable to your account.
But I cannot promise that any particular message you send will be used for model training, nor can I see whether a particular conversation is selected for that purpose.
Your corrections, evaluations, and examples are nevertheless exactly the kind of interaction that can be valuable for improving AI quality: they expose mistakes, ambiguity, missing reasoning, and real-world edge cases.
If you want to maximize that usefulness, I'd suggest a simple habit:
When you notice something wrong or inadequate, tell me exactly what was wrong and what a better answer should have considered.
For example:
“Your conclusion is reasonable, but you ignored liquidity. In India, an NCD investor may have difficulty exiting before maturity. Rework the analysis around that.”
That's much more informative than simply saying “wrong.”
Also, if you see an answer that is particularly good or particularly bad, use the 👍/👎 feedback available in the ChatGPT interface when appropriate. That's a more direct product-feedback mechanism than merely continuing the conversation.
If you'd like, I can also explain what OpenAI currently says about whether Free/Plus conversations are used for model improvement and how to control that setting. That requires checking the current OpenAI policy, since it can change.
Comments
Post a Comment